Our objective for today’s blog is to share 10 POP display ideas for industrial and home improvement products. Unlike many of the consumer products displays we design, industrial and home improvement products often require more floor space and are harder to display. Our hope is that these 10 concepts would inspire creative design work in this vertical market.
1. Zodiac Pool Cleaner Solution Center- We designed this 2-tier Zodiac pool cleaner solutions center to go into Leslie’s Pool Supply stores. The knock-down island display was constructed of MDF with castors, raised platforms with aluminum stand-offs and shelf and header graphics.
2. Arden Umbrella Display- Arden asked RICH LTD. to design an umbrella platform display to merchandise its umbrellas in large home improvement stores. We created an MDF platform with a metal tube frame, MDF back panel, and framed header, front, and side graphics. Importantly, we created a side bar with a matching logo element to which we mounted a smaller version of the umbrella product.
3. BakerStone Pegboard Display- BakerStone was looking for a cost-effective way to merchandise its Pizza Oven box kit and accessories. We designed this freestanding floor display which featured a sheet metal base, a glorifier shelf to showcase its pizza oven, a pegboard back panel for hanging accessories and a framed graphic, a bottom shelf for boxed product and a logo header graphic.
4. HardieWrap Floor Display- James Hardie was looking to create a floor display for its HardieWrap product to go into Lowes home improvement stores. We designed this display with MDF back and panels, shelf standards, a sheet metal shelf, sheet metal product organizers, a sheet metal base, and a 3-sided header with digitally printed vinyl graphics.
5. Fein Floor Display- RICH LTD. designed this 2-sided pegboard floor display to merchandise Fein’s tools in home improvement stores. We created an industrial feel with a durable sheet metal base and a 2-part and 2-sided pegboard center panel which was attached to a metal tube frame. The display included 4 branded sheet metal shelves, a side brochure holder, a PVC header graphic, and silk screened base graphics.
6. Jeff Lewis Design Display- In 2013 Jeff Lewis Design launched a line of paint with handcrafted colors exclusively available at Home Depot. We designed this floor display which needed to have a designer feel yet work within a home improvement store. We created a 3-sided floor merchandiser constructed of reclaimed wood which displayed paint color samples on two sides and included a glossy black logo with white screen printing and brochures on the third side.
7. Pave Tool Innovators Floor Display- Pave Tool Innovators needed a cost-effective mobile floor display to display its paver and wall tools. We created this knock-down metal display using square tubing with wire grids and sheet metal shelves. The display included numerous display accessories such as sheet metal baskets, single peg hooks, and hanging bars. We also included a framed lifestyle graphic and die-cut PVC header sign.
8. ADI Floor Display- ADI is a wholesale distributor and marketer of decking-related specialty products. The company sells primarily to lumber yards, home improvement centers, and building centers. ADI needed a simple and inexpensive 1-sided floor display to provide basic information about its products and merchandise a few accessory items. We designed a simple metal tube structure with a shelf for ADI’s catalog, a perforated sheet metal strip for hanging product, and a large PVC graphic header.
9. DreamFit Floor Display- We designed this large 2-sided floor display for DreamFit sheets and bedding products. The centerpiece of the display included a section of hanging sheets that was designed to enable a shopper to touch and feel the product. We flanked the centerpiece by two 2-sided MDF cabinets with 5 adjustable shelves per side per unit for a total of 20 shelves. This high capacity floor display featured ample header and side graphics to reinforce the DreamFit brand.
10. La Cantina Doors Floor Display- RICH LTD. designed this full-size display for the home improvement store environment. The display used La Cantina’s PatioFold doors and enabled the shopper to engage in the experience of stepping inside the display and then walking outside through the doors. We used digitally printed graphics and ceiling lighting on the inside of the display to portray the inside of a home and included full-length informational graphics on the outside along with a large brand-building header sign.